Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Why I Write

I have never enjoyed writing. It has never been an easy task for me and I often find myself having major difficulty getting my ideas across. Even though it isn’t always easy writing, there are definitely many benefits to it.
§ I write to express my feelings. Sometimes when things get a little rough, I sit down and take the time to write my feelings down on paper. It releases the emotions and is a great way to calm down and relax my nerves.
§ I write to communicate with people. Writing is sometimes easier than saying something face to face. Writing is also a way to communicate with someone who lives far away or to a person who lives nearby.
§ I write to be in another place. When writing, you can let your imagination go wild. I could be a bird soaring over the ocean. I could also live in another country. If living conditions are bad, it might feel better to write about a better life for yourself.
§ I write to keep events or tasks in order. If you have a number of thing to do one day it is easier to write it all down and have what you need to do right in front of you.
§ I write to remember. If someone has said something to me that touches me or something I’d like to remember, I write it down. If I do not remember the event I can always go back and relive the memory.
§ I write because I have to. You will constantly have to be writing, whether it be in school, the workplace, your home, or at school.
§ I write to remember my goals and plans for the future. I often get distracted, and seeing my goals on paper reminds me what I am in college for and what is really important in life.

No comments: