Monday, December 10, 2007

Why I Want to be a Teacher

I want to be a teacher because I love children. I do not want them to feel uncomfortable in school like I once did. Children go to school to learn, not to constantly feel nervous and on the spot. I will not be one of those teachers that the children dread but one that they enjoy getting taught by. I will also not let bullying and calling out go on. I feel bullying goes on too often and the teachers don't say anything because they are intimidated themselves. I will also not be a permissive or authoratative, but somewhere in the middle. I can't stand teachers that get sick pleasure out of embarrassing their students and calling on them. They use their power for different purposes that what it is meant for. I had a philosophy teacher IN COLLEGE who loved doing this. These people shouldn't be professors, and I can't wait until I can teacher so I can prove to children that there are good teachers out there.

No comments: